The Club Constitution
1. The Club shall be called “Angmering Camera Club”.
2. The aims and objectives of the Club shall be to foster, promote, stimulate and develop any and all aspects of photography, both in practice and in theory. This will be achieved by a programme of discussion, lectures and demonstrations, outings and visits, competitions and any other method which the Committee and/or membership finds practicable.
3. Subscriptions and other contributions for the coming year will be recommended by the Committee (see paragraph 8) to the Annual General Meeting (see paragraph 12) as a proposed resolution.
4. Meetings shall be open to visitors at an agreed contribution as approved each year by the Annual General Meeting. This is limited to their first two meetings, after which they are expected to register as subscribed members.
5. All monies raised by or on behalf of the Club shall be used to further the aims of the Club or for any charities nominated by a majority of Club members.
6. The financial year shall run from 1st Septembe rto 31st August the following year.
7. Meetings shall be held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month between 7pm and 9pm, throughout the year from September to June, except over the Christmas Holiday period.
8. The Club shall be run by a Committee consisting of 3 Officers, Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer, plus a maximum of 3 Committee Members. All Committee Members are to be elected annually at the Club’s AGM. Only club members for the current year may vote at club meetings.
9. The role of the Committee is to manage the finances yearly, book and present the yearly programme and organise day to day running of the Club. The Committee may not authorise expenditure beyond the financial means of the Club accounts.
10. The Committee may ask individuals and sub-groups to undertake specific tasks and make decisions on their behalf between meetings, such decisions being agreed by a quorum of the Committee.
11. An Auditor shall be elected annually.
12. The Annual General Meeting shall be held during October or November each year. The Secretary shall give 21 days’ notice of the date and venue of the AGM. The business to be transacted at this meeting shall include:
a. The Statement of Accounts as at that date.
b. The election of Officers and Committee (Officers shall be elected at the AGM to serve for a period of 1 year and are eligible for re-election)
c. Business proposed by the Committee
d. Matters of which notice has been given by Members
e. The Appointment of Auditors
f. Any other business
13. An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) shall be called by the Secretary, upon a written request signed by at least 7 members, clearly stating the purpose for which the EGM is to be called. No other business shall be transacted at the EGM. The Secretary will notify members of the date, time and venue of the EGM, which will be held within 28 days of receiving a written request.
14. Alteration to the subscriptions or constitution can only be made at the AGM, or an EGM if called for that purpose.
15. The Club’s Bankers shall be Barclays Bank PLC. Cheques will be signed by the Treasurer and one of two other nominated signatories.
16. Competition Rules shall be set by the Committee for all competitions, such rules to be notified to all members. The rules may be subject to amendment from time to time at the Committee’s discretion.
17. Only fully paid up members shall have the right to vote. Decisions will be taken on a simple majority vote. The Chairman has the casting vote at Committee Meetings, the AGM and EGM and any other special meeting.
18. The Club shall affiliate to or take membership of such bodies as the Committee shall from time to time decide, in furtherance of the Club’s aims.
19. In the event that the Club ceases to operate, which decision can only be taken at an AGM or EGM, the assets of the Club shall, after all known and anticipated liabilities have been discharged, be divided between all fully paid up members at that time.
20. The Club shall be subject to the rules and any bylaws relating to any premise used by the Club on a regular or casual basis.
21. The Club shall be compliant with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Data collected is held only for the purposes of maintaining contact with members and prospective members. Personal data is not kept longer than is necessary and is not disclosed to any third party without the consent of the data subject or where there is a legal requirement or obligation to do so. All data is kept secure and password protected to mitigate risk.
12th November 2019